Please note that NEW APPLICANTS and RETURNING APPLICANTS have differing application processes. Please read carefully. If you have any questions, call our messaging system at 314.669.4977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Rolling admission NOW until May 15, receive acceptance notice within 4 weeks of complete application! Deadline: Apply by May 15, 2020 Program takes place June 20-28, 2020
What you need to do to apply if you’re new to YSP:
- Fill out and submit the online application below.
- Have an adult complete a reference form for you (should be someone who knows your spiritual or musical strengths, like pastor, youth minister OR choir director, voice coach. You only need to submit ONE reference form). (Take advantage of emailing your teachers or youth ministers, asking them to complete and email it to us. This can be done while we are sheltering at home!)
- Send us a current portrait-style photo of yourself (just you, no random cropped people, not a heavy filter selfie). (Digital photos may be sent to email@example.com)
- Record yourself (you can upload a video online and send us the link) and include the following: Introduce yourself. Tell us about your musical or dance experience and any special talents. Sing “Happy Birthday to You” a cappella. Basses & Altos start on “C”. Tenors & Sopranos start on “E Flat” or higher. Sing a Broadway or liturgical song, accompanied by guitar or keyboard or recording thereof. Please no a cappella performances. Find an instrumental version on YouTube to sing along to; have a family member accompany you, or ask a musical friend to record an instrumental version audio track and send it to you digitally. This can be done while sheltering at home. Demonstrate your vocal range (lowest note, highest note, everything in between – no scale exercises please). Demonstrate other talents (juggling, dancing, mime, etc). Have fun and be yourself!
- Submit an original short letter (include your name and age) describing: Yourself, your relationship with God and your peers, how you found out about YSP, and why you wish to attend YSP.
- No money is due with your application. Payments can be made after May 16 and before June 16.
Please send to: YSP Admissions ~ 5329 Magnolia Ave.~ St. Louis, MO ~ 63139 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Already participated in YSP? Good news! You need only:
- submit the electronic application below
- send a personal letter about why you’re applying
- send a current, portrait-style photo of yourself (just you, no random cropped people, not a heavy filter selfie). (Digital photos may be sent to email@example.com)
send $195 deposit to reserve your space (or $200 via PayPal or Square) Payments may be made between May 16 and June 16. Should we need to cancel YSP 2020, we will make the decision on or before May 15 so no deposits will be lost.
- You DO NOT NEED to submit a recommendation form.
- Also, you DO NOT NEED to send in an audition video again, unless you want to (like, if your singing or dancing skills have changed or improved since last year and you want to show us!).
Everyone: All application materials are due on or before May 15th. If you are interested after the May 15th date, please be in touch about space availability. Remember: no one is turned away due to financial need. Please contact us if you require a scholarship.
We can’t wait to hear from you!